10 Ideas on What to Buy to Prepare for Possible Food Shortages
- Cans of soups such as chunky with meat and vegetables, lentil, vegetable, chili.
- Canned chicken, beef, tuna, salmon, sardines, Spam.
- Canned vegetables such as corn, potatoes, carrots, string beans.
- Canned fruits
- White rice (stores better than brown rice)
- Beans – both canned and dry. All varieties – red, black, refried, white, chickpeas, dry lentils, dry split peas to name a few.
- Spices – Salt, pepper, parsley, celery flakes, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, garlic powder, minced onions and whatever else you might like.
- Baking Supplies like flour, yeast, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, brown sugar, cooking oil, vanilla extract, ginger, cloves, nutmeg.
- Beverages – water, coffee (regular and instant), teas, shelf stable juices and drinks, powdered iced tea and lemonade.
- Macaroni and ready-to-use jars of sauce, packs of dried side dishes like Knorr’s and Idahoan dried mashed potatoes.
As you add to your pantry, remember to scan each item using My Pantry Tracker app so that you can keep track of what you have, how many of each you have on hand and when they will expire. My Pantry Tracker saves you money by knowing what is in your pantry, you will not buy more than you need. You can see what you have in an organized list.
If you have any more ideas, please post in the comment section below!