5 Fast Steps to Get Started Prepping
We are all hearing about the supply chain problems and seeing empty spaces on the store shelves again. If you haven’t started stocking up yet- Don’t Panic! Just tell yourself to get started and here’s how:
- Set a weekly budget for extra items to stock. You can start with any amount such as $5.
- Look through your weekly grocery store circulars and circle the sale items you might be interested in.
- Next, make a list of those sale items that you would like to have on hand and total up the cost. (If you have the time, look for coupons to further reduce the costs.)
- If the total cost exceeds your budget, and most times it will, cross off the items that you feel can wait until another time.
- Now go shopping and stick to your list! When you get home, scan your items using the My Pantry Tracker app. Make sure you enter the expiration dates so you can keep track of what you need to use before the food expires. This way you won’t waste your money throwing out expired items. Now store these items for future use.
If you have any more ideas, please post in the comment section below!
Good luck and happy prepping!