Old Fashioned Banana Cake Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease and lightly flour bundt pan
- Bake for 38-40 minutes (top must spring back)
- Cool for 10 minutes on wire rack before removing cake
In a large mixing bowl
- ½ cup shortening (Crisco or 1 stick of room temperature butter)
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beat till fluffy and add to the sugar and shortening mixture
Sift the following, then add to above ingredients
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (2 medium bananas)
- ¼ buttermilk or regular milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
NOTE: As an alternative, you can use 1½ bananas plus ¼ cup applesauce instead of 2 medium bananas.
Items used for this recipe
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps support the website and app.
Here are some pictures taken while making this recipe and the finished banana bundt cake
You can also sprinkle some powdered sugar on the finished banana cake:
Hope you like this recipe! Thanks for reading!